“Providers in the emergency room are always available to evaluate and treat urgent or emergent issues that may be potentially life-threatening. However, we are not the most appropriate option to handle chronic medical issues. Your primary care provider is your best resource, and they have the most tools available at their disposal to get to the root of your concern. Patients have optimal outcomes when they partner with their PCP and take an active role in their healthcare.”
Clara Barton Emergency Room
250 W 9th St.
Affiliated with Clara Barton since
• Union College, MPAS – Lincoln, NE
• Doane College, B.S. Allied Health – Crete, NE
• Southeast Community College, AAS Respiratory Care – Lincoln, NE
• Lincoln, NE
Why I came to the Hoisington/Central Kansas area
• I am a Nebraska native and my husband is from Oklahoma. We wanted to find someplace central to both families so we started looking at locations in Kansas since we both have extended family throughout the state. Central Kansas offers a lot of opportunities for outdoor recreation that we enjoy, and we have heard excellent things about the Hoisington schools and community.
What I enjoy most about this area
• We enjoy getting out on the boat, either fishing or pulling the kids and their friends on a tube. We also like 4-wheeling and hunting and are looking forward to exploring the area more.
About my family
• My husband Clay and I have been married for 14 years now. We have 2 boys, Gavin and Weston. My husband and I enjoy helping out with school and booster activities, and being involved with youth sports.
• I enjoy spending time with my family. My husband and I both enjoy cooking and we love teaching the kids. Most of my free time is spent on the sidelines watching my kids play sports which include football, baseball, basketball, track, wrestling, and soccer. I also like working on things around the house and am looking forward to putting some personal touches on our new home.
Most rewarding part about being a provider
• I love being able to help my patients feel better. If I cannot fix a problem, I do my best to get my patients to the treatment they need.